Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Mosquito and the Bee

            There are days when I’m only home to eat and sleep. Literally. My schedule can become too hectic, so demanding, that I find there’s hardly anytime for me to breathe. You may be reading this thinking, why doesn’t she just back off and take a break; cut down her amount of activities? Here’s the thing: I thrive on being busy.
            In the first post, I described the numerous activities I’ve tried. Baseball, ballet, you name it. Over the years, I’ve narrowed it down to two activities: acting and running, running and acting. It just so happens that I love two of the most active hobbies. I never stop learning when it comes to juggling the two.
            Take this week for example. MONDAY was a holiday, but I spent a large portion of it at a rehearsal for Dracula, a show going up on Halloween weekend. TUESDAY I went to school, went to cross country practice, and then jetted over to another Dracula rehearsal. WEDNESDAY I went to school, went to cross country practice, and then attended a London Running Distance Club workout. THURSDAY I went to my first couple classes, I was then excused early from school for a cross country meet, and then I attended another Dracula rehearsal until late than night. FRIDAY I had a Follies rehearsal for the majority of the night, after school that day. SATURDAY was spent at a morning LRDC running workout, prepping for an audition that afternoon, went to the audition and then at a Dracula rehearsal that night. And today I go to a Follies rehearsal this afternoon. On top of all this I run everyday but Friday, I do core strengthening exercises daily (or should be!), I have to study for an upcoming calculus test, complete all homework assignments, and filling out applications/writing essays for scholarships. Oh yeah, I also have a blog!
            But I loved this week. I feel bad always asking my parents to chauffeur me around, but running from one place to the next across town is almost thrilling; never knowing if you’ll make it on time. It’s like completing a homework assignment, but not handing it in until the last possible moment just for kicks. It’s my form of living life on the edge.
            Juggling my crazy schedule is hard. My calendar is absolutely crammed with scribbles of activities, and places I have to be. But I can’t imagine a life without it; I think it’d be kind of boring! I couldn’t possibly choose between acting and running. Running is a lifestyle; a way for me to be in the best shape of my life, as well as taking an hour or so for myself as I go for a relaxing run around the city. Being on stage has always been a passion of mine, and one I’ll never stop loving. Diving into a role and becoming someone else is like shedding all the worries and stress you may have accumulated that day and filing them away, momentarily of course. And I often have fun doing so, too!
            As long as I ensure my health is 100%, and I’m involved with things that only help me be the best person I can be and excel at what I love, I really don’t mind being busy- I just have to find the time to blog. 

            "It's not so much how busy you are, but why you are busy. The bee is praised. The mosquito is swatted." - Mary O’Conner   
          
            FTI (For Those Intrigued): The race I competed in this week was run at a steady/easy pace with a tight IT band; I placed 17th in senior girls. My brother, who was featured in a previous post, ran his own personal best time at the same meet, and he also recently discovered he won a spirit award at his high school. Way to go, Greg!

4 comments:

  1. You are AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So THAT'S why you're always late... It's your way of being a rebel! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your doing a stellar Job.. dweedle dumb :)

    ReplyDelete